The German-American Genealogist Podcast Will Return in 2015!
The German-American Genealogist Podcast will be taking a break this month, to return in 2015. In the meantime, if you’ve missed any of the previous episodes, now is your chance to catch up:
- Episode #8: “Happy Dankegiving” – an exploration of German Thanksgiving practices and busting myths about the Pilgrims’ 1621 Thanksgiving feast
- Episode #7: “It’s Alive!” – how to locate and have good working relationships with living relatives
- Episode #6: “Family History Interview Strategies” – family history interviewing tricks of the trade from Josiah Schmidt’s new book, 2000 Questions for Grandparents
- Episode #5: “Birthplace Hunting Made Easy” – the best strategies for finding your European ancestor’s birth town in the old country
- Episode #4: “What’s in a Word?” – how to use the German language to your advantage when doing German genealogy
- Episode #3: “All About Death” – a Halloween-themed episode all about the records your ancestors left behind when they died
- Episode #2: “The Average Johann” – chances are, your German ancestor wasn’t a king or general, but an ordinary peasant–so, what was everyday life like for them?
- Episode #1: “German-American Day” – all about America’s national holiday devoted to Germanic heritage and the history of Germans in America